Thursday, March 14, 2013

Challenges and Changes

I want to tell all of you that my vacation last week was fantastic; I spent three days sitting on the rather cold beach with a good friend and great books and just… was for a few days. I am recharged, excited, and ready to go running boldly into Easter and everything after. I hope you are, too. And if not, here’s a few things that might light your fire-- 

This week, with Kathy Bouchard and Trisha, Hunter, Mia and Baxter Johnson, we hung around 300 door hangers inviting our immediate neighbors to join us this Sunday for St. Patio’s Day. I do not know if one person or one hundred people or three hundred people or no people will show up on Sunday, but I do know we’re ready for it. I want to thank everyone who’s let me or Trisha know that you’re going to be there, and even if you haven’t RSVP’d, I do hope you’ll join us for a brat and some iced tea and a chance to just be a welcoming, awesome community as you always are. My biggest hope for this Sunday is that we’re inconvenienced by the number of folks who accepted our invitation—that we have to improvise and accept the challenge to serve, be inclusive and grow in fellowship. 

Next week, in addition to Palm Sunday, Midway Hills is hosting a community conversation on LGBTQ identity and Scripture.  Again, thank you to everyone who has volunteered to be present and serve on the Hospitality Task Force for this event. Again, if you haven’t RSVP’d, I do hope you’ll join us as we meet folks and dialogue on what the Bible does and doesn’t say. I also hope you’ll come to the rally next Monday night, because it is going to be incredible. Please see the article in this Echo for more information on both. 

AND THEN EASTER! Oh, man, so much is happening on Easter. There’s a sunrise service at 7:00 a.m. There’s a Breakfast starting at 9:30 and an Easter Egg Hunt at 10:15. And we’re going to worship and celebrate the power of love over death at 11:00 a.m. together. Did you catch that—11:00 a.m.? Starting Easter Sunday and going onwards, worship will start at 11:00 a.m. It’s not the only change coming on Easter Sunday, but it’s definitely a doozy! 

There is so much more, there’s always so much more, but this is probably the right amount of space. I’ll have to keep writing, keep listening, keep talking, and keep communing. I hope you’ll do the same, and I hope I see you Sunday. 

Shalom y’all,  Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment