Wednesday, February 12, 2014

New Things Ahead

Before I say anything else, what a great Youth Sunday this past Sunday! I am always impressed with our youth, and their leadership in worship acts both familiar and inventive was a real treat. I want to publicly celebrate the work that all our youth, Amber, Sarah, and the youth team did in preparation.

It worked out well for me, personally, though I assure you, I did not plan Youth Sunday around my personal life. My dear friend Caitlin, with whom I went through Brite, married her (now) husband this past Saturday. While surreal in the way all friends getting married is surreal, it was also kind of marvelous. And for the first time in a long time, I didn’t do anything in a wedding but witness it, celebrate God’s grace in Caitlin and Ryan’s life, and dance like an idiot at the reception. (I always dance like an idiot at wedding receptions when not the officiating pastor. Well, not always.)

I am a task-oriented person. I think a lot of us are, and I think all of us may be called to be, in some way, in the life of the church. I had the opportunity on Sunday to look at everyone gathered and saw a wide variety of gifts, talents, ideas there as we praised God’s grace and got ready to go into the world. I then went to a Cabinet meeting, and heard this incredible ideas. We’ll see what new ideas we can grow together on March 2. We’ll be seeking God’s guidance and calling on us through Lent. And on Easter? Big things, big things.

God does things big. We’ll talk about it Sunday — I look forward to seeing you all then.

Shalom y’all,

Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment