Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Eucatastrophes

There is nothing quite better than concluding an outstanding jazz vespers service except knowing there will be another one.  It’s like the “James Bond Will Return” at the end of Bond movies. It’s like finishing an Oreo and pulling out another pack.  It’s like finding $20 on the street, and then finding $20 on the street. Thanks to everyone who attended, and plans to for the next one at the end of October. Please keep the service, musicians, and all of us in prayer as we seek funding through endowments, grants, etc. to see if we can make jazz vespers a weekly evening happening at Midway Hills. 

Last week, I wrote in this space about how the Time of Nomination is happening at the church. This week, I want to also let you know we’re starting work on Stewardship. I know, we just came off a capital campaign a few months ago, and yes, I know, it seems like we just did Stewardship last year (ba dum bum). But what’s excited me this year is how much energy is in this church, and how 2013 has been a year of Eucatastrophes—like unexpected, good problems that suddenly pop up. And as we budget for next year, and call leadership for next year, and vision for next year, I hope things are just as eucatastrophic.  Actually, more so. 

Can you help make it happen? Can we take the next running leap into the next year? I hope so, I pray so, and I hope you will join me in praying, dreaming and preparing for what God is going to do here now, not yet and next.  Let’s spend some time this month looking at what surrounds us, and then start talking about the next huge jumps. I’ll see you Sunday! 

Shalom y’all, 

Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment